We are currently organising booster vaccines for patients over 50 and patients in Clinical At Risk Groups
If you are under 50 and not in an At Risk Group you can book you vaccine by accessing the NI direct website or searching Get a Covid 19 vaccination and booster in Northern Ireland.
- The Practice is aware that some patients have posted disparaging comments about staff and the Practice on social media. This is not an appropriate way to give feedback.
If you have any comments or complaints please write to the Practice Manager.
Zero Tolerance Policy
We have a zero tolerance attitude towards any incident in
which an employee is abused, threatened or assaulted, either
in person or online.
The practice has a policy in place that all patients and visitors to the practice must wear a face mask unless there is a physical or mental health reason why they can not wear one. If there is any reason why you feel you can not wear a mask this needs to be discussed with your GP prior to your appointment.
Please ensure the practice has the most up to date contact number for you.
Accessing General Medical Services during Covid 19
If you wish to make an appointment with the surgery please contact us by telephone.
Receptionists will ask for some information in order to swiftly direct you to the most appropriate professional.
Face to face appointments have been replaced by telephone consultations.
Please do not arrive at the practice without having been invited to attend.This is to protect you and any vulnerable patients that may be in attendance.
All prescriptions will be forwarded to your designated chemist going forward.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered online or dropped into the postbox at the front door of the surgery.
PLEASE FOLLOW ADVICE BELOW FOR ALL QUERIES RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS
If you are experiencing cough, fever, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, or upper respiratory tract symptoms, please stay at home and Ring 111, the NHS coronavirus service
If you have been in contact with anyone else experiencing these symptoms in the past 14 days, please stay at home and Ring 111, the NHS coronavirus service
Do not attend the practice without phoning first. This is to reduce risk of spreading the coronavirus infection.
If you are worried about coronavirus and what you should do next, do not attend a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy. Avoid contact with other people. Stay in your home and telephone 111 for the NHS coronavirus service.
Welcome to Mourneside Family Practice Online
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you'll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues, along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
- Of course we're not just here for you when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
Training for the future
- Mourneside Family Practice is a training practice which undertakes the teaching and training of medical students and junior doctors who intend to become health professionals and general practitioners. Occasionally you may also see students on work experience here or sitting in with your doctor.
Our New Multidisciplinary Team
- We now have new members of our Team to compliment the existing staff within the Practice.
- This Multidisciplinary Team will allow our doctors to focus their skills where they are needed most.
- Our Practice based Pharmacists, are responsible for assuring your medication is correct on discharge from hospital and also for any queries regarding your repeat medication.
- Our Social Worker, Una Hume, will work with you to address any social factors which may affect your physical or mental health and wellbeing.
- Our Mental Health Specialist, Richard Faulkner, can work with you to identify any issues which may affect you and support you to allow you to take charge of your mental health and social wellbeing.
NEW OPTOMETRIC LED PRIMARY EYECARE SERVICE
- If you have a new/sudden eye problem, sore eyes, sudden change in sight:
- Patients can self-refer into the service or be referred by their GP, Practice Nurse, Receptionist or Community Pharmacist.
- Participating Opticians in Strabane:
- Eyewear, Gormleys, McGoverns and Specsavers
- MOBILE/TELEPHONE NUMBERS/TEXT SERVICE
- **Please keep us up to date with your telephone/mobile numbers- the practice is introducing a new text service, when updating your number please confirm to staff that you consent to contact by text**
- **Please note: When ordering your repeat prescription via your reorder form, please tick the box beside each item you require. Any box not ticked will NOT be issued.**
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL PRESCRIPTIONS AND OTHER REQUESTS TO BE COLLECTED MUST BE COLLECTED FROM RECEPTION BEFORE 5.30PM DAILY.
(Site updated 02/09/2021)